Saturday, December 30, 2006

My First Balti

I have yet again been exposed to something that I've never heard of before and is so popular over here. A balti. It's an Indian dish that resembles a curry but it's cooked in a special bowl and eaten with nan bread. It is said that balti was first derived in Birmingham for the English palate and there seems to be many different ways it came about. More info on the Balti Experience.

I loved it! The balti that Alex and I shared were two mini ones, so we could have a taste of different types. The cute little bowls that they came in I wanted to take home with me. They're like little woks. I'm not a huge fan of curry, simply because it's usually too spicy for me, but this was great!


Check out the size of that nan...

2 comments:

  1. a balti is the food of the gods. i thnk i have been into that very same balti house with the 4 person naan bread. birmingham. the main street, right by the canal?

    remember me? one of the guys who sung happy birthday to you on the car ferry over to koh lanta. spent christmas 02 or 03 with you at ao nang.....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. email me, would be good to catch up....stevebirch@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete